Thursday 20 January 2011

Website Progress 2

I must say that it's been a long long time since I've needed to use HTML and CSS and all that.. about 5 years to be exact so I'm very out of practice and that just makes this all the harder!
Here is the last site I made, it was on my neopets account hehe...;
http://www.neopets.com/~paputaka
But aside from using neopets, I remembered that the last time I made a site it was with 'freewebs.com' (can't remember the address now though...) so, before trying out iWeb or DreamWeaver I thought I'd give that a go.
Man was I wrong.
Here is my failed attempt at a website!

http://practisewebsitefmp.webs.com/

Honestly I didn't understand the navigation, everything had changed around and it wasn't like before when you type in CSS, now everything is templated which restricts your freedom! I gave up after half an hour. What a headache.

Next I gave DreamWeaver a try but I had the same problem and, in my opinion, the templates were all ugly! hahaha
Sooooo I went onto iWebs and that was much nicer. I'm starting to get the hang of navigating my way around the program now and my website is slowly taking shape but I think I need a few more hours with it before it's ready.
I have a couple of problems though..

The first is that I have no idea how to get my own domain..
And the second is that my MAC needs to be connected to the Internet to be able to upload the file onto the site!! And we don't have wireless internet so I'll either have to get a cable or find a place that has wireless internet.. maybe the library. Or.. worst-case scenario, wait until I'm back at college and the internet is set up on my MAC.
Oh yeah.. And I'm also having problems uploading my animations onto the site so instead I'm uploading them to my youtube account (http://www.youtube.com/user/pluschan)and once the site is up with use the embedding thingie to post them in a type of blog.. or something. Like so;

Post Production Piece completed in the first term of the second year of our Animation Practise course.


My part of the George's Marvellous Medicine Project.


Something done in my free time, practising ball bouncing.


Collaboration on third year, 3rd term project.


STRESS

No comments:

Post a Comment